Sunday, May 27, 2012

"Because I always feel like running | Not away, because there is no such place | Because, if there was I would have found it by now | Because it's easier to run, | Easier than staying and finding out you're the only one...who didn't run | Because running will be the way your life and mine will be described | As in "the long run" | Or as in having given someone a "run for his money" Or as in "running out of time" | Because running makes me look like everyone else, though I hope there will ever be cause for that | Because I will be running in the other direction, not running for cover | Because if I knew where cover was, I would stay there and never have to run for it | Not running for my life, because I have to be running for something of more value to be running and not in fear | Because the thing I fear cannot be escaped, eluded, avoided, hidden from, protected from, gotten away from, | Not without showing the fear as I see it now | Because closer, clearer, no sir, nearer | Because of you and because of that nice | That you quietly, quickly be causing | And because you're going to see me run soon and because you're going to know why I'm running then | You'll know then | Because I'm not going to tell you now"

No comments:

Post a Comment